Saturday, September 20, 2008

Jacket Shopping

So, I'm a tad worried about the move to Alaska. I have little to no warm clothes. I don't know how I'll survive the harse California winter with my current rags (rags: a term that people use in southern California for articles of clothing that retail for less than 200 US dollars). Lately I've spent a little time looking at online retailers rei and backcountry who have a large selection of winter coats. I have an Idea of what I want but I won't order anything online until I have physically tried it on in a store and know that I like it. Returning stuff from online can be a bitch of a process.

Now all I have to do is save up enough dough, do my research, try it on at a store, and click yes on the order form, then proceed to pretend like I actually put out some sort of effort. I'm not a name brand type, but as it seems in outdoor gear often pricier items (not always!) are worth it in the long run.

Exciting Times.

P.S. - School is going grrrrreat this semester. I wish I had another class but maybe it's a good thing that I don't so I can have more time to work (if I ever find a job! ugh!) and save up.

No comments: